Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Fragrance Love Affair~

I don’t think I can pinpoint when my love for fragrances, perfume and anything that smells good began.
I do remember the first time fragrance left an imprint in my young mind. I was about seven years old and I had not seen my mother for a very long time. She was living in New York City at the time and I lived in the Dominican Republic, which is the the country of my birth.
Seeing my mother after such a long time can leave a strong impression and memory in a child of that age.
The first time I saw her and she gave me the most loving hug she left with me a beautiful fragrant memory.A memory so beautiful and fragrant that so many years later as I write this I still remember how feminine, clean and amazing she smelled. I remember thinking, wow my mother is the most beautiful woman in the world and I wanted to be just like her.
Everything around my mom smelled so good, I just could not get enough of her. Her luggage, her clothes, her hair and everything she touched including me smelled like her. I was in heaven.
From that day on my love affair with fragrance and scents began.

The perfume that my mother wore back then and for many years after that was Je Reviens by Worth.
That perfume is my mom in a bottle per say and anytime I want comfort I reach out for Je Reviens and I am enveloped with the essence of my mother.

Fragrance is not just something that smells good. It is so much more than that and it is special and unique to all of us. It can become a personality, a love, hate or an emotion in an instant.
That is the beauty of perfumes and scents in any incarnation.

I created this blog because I want to share and take you through my journey and discovery of fragrances.
Kick back, relax and join me here at The Scented Nook.

~Alexandra~

No comments:

Post a Comment