Sunday, April 18, 2010

CHANEL NO. 5 PERFUME REVIEW





Chanel No. 5 to me is like the fancy lady that everyone knows yet not everyone can be friends with her.

It’s a beautiful perfume filled with an air of sophistication that the Chanel house is so famous for.
When I was growing up I always heard women talking about the elusive Chanel No. 5 perfume and how wonderful and sophisticated it was.
A lot of the female artist I used to love back then swore by it and talked about it as if the juice in that bottle was a blanket of sensuous sophistication you can be a part of just by spraying the perfume on your body.
All I knew back then was that I when I grew up I wanted to be one of those women. I wanted Chanel No 5 to envelop me in its magic.

Well I grew up……and Chanel No 5 did not become my signature scent. I love it and I think it is one of the most beautiful perfumes out there but I just can’t wear it all the time or pull it off.

Since its introduction to the perfume industry and the world in 1921, Chanel No. 5 has been in the hearts and bodies of many women. Created by perfumer Ernest Beaux, The fragrance has been described as “the world’s most legendary fragrance”, now that is a big burden to carry in this day and age when the perfume industry is bombarded with so many launches year after year, yet Chanel No. 5 has been able to stay on top with its charm and silent sophistication.
It is still one of the top selling fragrances of Parfums Chanel, and the Chanel house estimates that a bottle of the beautiful juice is sold every 55 seconds. Now, talk about a lot of elegant smelling ladies walking around in the world.

Chanel No. 5 to me smells like a well mannered lady. When you first smell the fragrance you definitely get the floral aldehydes that identifies this fragrance. Of course this fragrance is known for changing the perfume industry many years ago and the culprit were the aldehydes notes. There is a burst of citrus which can be contributed to the lemon and bergamot which keeps the fragrance very fresh and clean. After a few minutes No. 5 becomes a lot softer on my skin. This is where the well behaved lady comes in. I attribute this to the ylang ylang notes which start to ground the fragrance and make its transition into the heart or middle notes a lot smoother.


This fragrance is clean, fresh, and floral with powdery notes, a very expensive powder. It feels like a very expensive bedroom, one I want to be in.
The middle notes are composed of Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the Valley and Iris. You may think that this would make the fragrance very floral but on me it translates as very clean, soft and a very feminine scent. It really becomes a barely there come hither scent. The powdery of the iris is very alive on my skin.
When the base notes make their appearance, No. 5 is not that impressive on me. It is very soft and it takes on this right out of the shower scent. This is very appealing to me personally but after such a journey with the top and middle notes, I hoped that the base notes translated a lot stronger on me.

For me the most beautiful part of the fragrance are the heart notes. It is full of life, softness and femininity. Overall I think Chanel No.5 is filled with soft glamour, sensual and it still translates as a very classic scent. Even though it was created many years ago it has been able to remain modern and steal the hearts of women all over the world. It is a fragrance that will continue to allure and enchant the heart and noses of many women for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment